Tuacahn edifies and inspires the human spirit through professional world class family entertainment and an unparalleled artistic and academic experience that matches the majesty of our canyon.
The vision of tuacahn center for the arts is:
- To produce quality entertainment of the highest professional standards that promote family values, uplift the human spirit and enrich the human mind.
- To provide exceptional arts and academic education for young people through the Tuacahn High School for the performing arts.
- To conduct business in an ethically sound and fiscally responsible manner.
- To serve the widest possible audience through theatrical work that passionately explores, celebrates, and deepens our understanding of the human experience.
- To create outstanding performance through the integration of local, regional, and experienced professional artists.
- To convey the American Musical tradition to subsequent generations through exposure, education, and employment, thereby creating artists and audiences for generations to come.
- To honor and support our community through the creation of theater that reflects all that is American and all that is wholesome.
- To receive worldwide recognition as a premier theatrical destination, encouraging the creation of great works that match the majesty of our “Canyon of the Gods” location.
Tuacahn High School Mission and Goals:
The mission of Tuacahn High School for the Performing Arts is to create an unparalleled environment where students can maximize their potential academically and artistically. Tuacahn High School is committed to partnering with faculty, home and community to make our school a world-class international experience.
Through our innovative, dynamic and rigorous curricula, students develop their abilities, talents and minds. Our small class sizes enhance opportunities for academic excellence and promote individualized instruction, which enhances our commitment to college preparation and placement. Tuacahn High School generates a kinship among students that promotes confidence, self-worth and ownership in their school community.
Tuacahn High School’s Beliefs and Goals:
- All students can learn.
- All students have talent.
- All students must be given the opportunity to succeed/excel.
- All students must gain appreciation for others and for goodness and truth.
- All students must learn to contribute to society.
- Each student will develop independent, creative and critical thinking skills.
- Each student will be able to succeed in a post high school experience of college and/or a performing arts career
- Each student will become a contributing member of society.
- The school will develop a strong partnership with the community.
- The school will provide enriching, enlightening and educational entertainment for the community.
Excerpt From the Bylaws of Tuacahn Center for the Arts
ARTICLE I – IDENTIFICATION
Section 1.2 - Purposes
The specific purposes and objectives of the Corporation include, without limitation, the following:
1.2.1 To develop, promote, and encourage in the general public a more complete understanding and appreciation of the performing and fine arts in their many forms by means of indoor and outdoor musicals, plays, pageants, music and dance concerts, music and theater arts festivals, motion pictures, museums and any other medium that presents, exists or may exist in the future.
1.2.2 To preserve and project the American Musical into the 21st Century and beyond by promoting the creation of new musicals and by producing classic and original Broadway-style musicals that reflect a positive and uplifting worldview.
1.2.3 To provide quality education that enlightens minds, inspires talent, develops abilities, promotes character, and preserves values for interested students in a technology oriented environment with an educational emphasis in the performing and fine arts including instruction in music, drama, dance, the visual arts and other art disciplines.
1.2.4 To act as an agent or representative of or in cooperation with any other corporation, association, committee or commission to promote any of the purposes and objectives herein set forth.
1.2.5 To do any and all such further acts authorized by law as may be necessary, convenient or expedient to accomplish the forgoing purposes or as are incidental thereto, as deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors.